Earlier this month we celebrated an extremely important part of our Christian walk: The Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This time of celebration was given to call to our remembrance The Power of God that raised The Master from the dead.
Resurrection Power is the greatest display of The Glory that we have experienced so far. The Power that raised Christ from the dead is the very same Power that propelled you and me into The New Birth. Immediately, by way of Resurrection Power, we went from death to life and from darkness to light. Glory to God!
The apostle Paul, directed by Holy Spirit, wrote the majority of The New Testament. He received the revelation of Jesus, even though formerly, he was a key persecutor of the Church. It was Amazing GRACE that transformed Paul from being a persecutor of the Church and later becoming a defender of it.
It was obvious Paul, in his former identity as Saul, did not know The Lord. However, this man received special revelations of The Lord in ways the first apostles, who spent extensive time with The Lord, had not imagined. The Resurrection Power of God forever changed Paul and that change is still impacting the world today.
Paul was never satisfied with the knowledge he gained regarding The Savior. He continually pressed the limits to discover more of Jesus. He wrote in Philippians 3:10-14:
· “That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
The Glory of God was so prevalent in Paul’s life, He even determined when he would depart his earthly life and ministry to be with The Lord. Paul’s circumstances did not control his life: because, he received an abundance of revelation. You see, Paul had tasted the powers of the age to come.
Saints, we must take on this same attitude as Paus to maintain and gain knowledge of The Resurrection Power of God.
There will be more activity of Holy Spirit in our times than previously. Why? We are in the latter days of the Church.
As Believers, we are the connection between The Father and the world. We are also the connection between this age and the age to come. Additionally, we have been given the assignment of being the closers of this age!
While meditating on this thought, once again Hebrews 6:4-5 came to mind. It reads:
· “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,”
We have been enlightened. We have tasted the heavenly gift. We are partakers of Holy Ghost. We have experienced The Good Word of God. Now we are coming into contact with the miraculous powers of the world (age) to come. We are being moved into our most exciting times.
You and I are returning to our roots of The Supernatural Power of God. We should hold this understanding dear to our hearts.
The next age is The Millennial Age of Christ. Our Savior will rule on the earth for one-thousand years and we will be there to co-rule with Him in our glorified bodies. Our bodies will be fashioned exactly like our Savior’s.
Jesus keeps on living by The Power of God, and likewise, so shall we. We will no longer be sustained by natural means: the air we breathe, the food we eat etc. (See 2 Corinthians 13:4 Amplified Bible)
We will have been changed in a moment and in the twinkling of an eye. Our short-lived bodies will take on incorruption and immortality. (See 1 Corinthians 15:52-53)
The Lord is giving us a sneak-peek into the upcoming age. What a privileged to see into and experience the next age, even while yet in The Church Age “This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church” (Ephesians 5:32).
As we read the scriptures below, we can see a condensed version of the sequence of events leading to our Lord’s Ascension. He went from the heart (middle) of the earth to being seated at the Right Hand of God.
· Matthew 12:40 “For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”
· Acts 2:27-31 “Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. … 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.”
· Ephesians 1:19 “And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,”
The Glory was the means by which The Savior embarked upon a journey which led Him through three realms to fulfill His Father’s Mandate. He left Heaven and was born to a virgin on earth to begin the initial part of His Adventure in Faith. Primarily, we are examining the latter part and the humanly difficult aspect of Jesus’ Adventure.
The Resurrection Power actually lifted The Savior out of hell (the bowels of the earth) and energized His Dead Body. The spirit-world of darkness (hell) was flooded with Light as Holy Ghost engulfed and energized The Master’s Spirit.
He spoiled principalities and was triumphant over them. He redeemed us and gave back our dominion in the earth via a humiliating win over the enemy. (See Colossians 2:15 and 1 John 1:8)
Then His Born-Again Spirit re-entered His Dead Body in a tomb on the surface of the earth. Jesus was raised from the dead. He ascended into Heaven and sanctioned the New Covenant. (See Matthew 12:40, Matthew 27:52-53, Ephesians 1:20 and Acts 2:27, 31)
He accomplished His Task to bring us once again into an eternal relationship with The Father. (See Philippians 2:5-8) We are beneficiaries of Jesus’ Victory! JESUS CHRIST IS LORD! (See Philippians 2:11) Hallelujah and Amen!
1 Corinthians 2:4-5 “And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”
Clearly, according to 1 Corinthians 2:4-5, we must have faith in The Power to gain access into This Infinite Resource of God’s Power. Once we tap into The Glory, it is then we begin to discover the endless characteristics of The Glory of God!
The Glory Story continues...
Philemon 1:21: “Having confidence in thy obedience I wrote unto thee, knowing that thou wilt also do more than I say.”